If this visit to Found Baby's musings is your first, welcome! Found Baby writes about her everyday adventures, about how she feels, thinks, and the challenges she faces living in a world so obsessed with beauty and perfection. As she adjusts to life out of the ground, she can't help but recall bits and pieces of her life before she was buried, and those memories are heartbreaking. It might help if you start from her first post back in March 2010, and read backwards to learn the story about how she was found. If you are simply reading the current post, may her story of survival and hope touch at least one of you. She believes there are no coincidences, and you landing on her blog isn't one either.
Welcome, no masks needed...........Found Baby.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A New Friend




Holy Cow Moly what a rough night! After reading Frankenstein, it seemed to have brought up some difficult memories for me because Arly said I tossed and turned and woke up screaming and kept repeating the words, "The Ten Man is coming..." I have no memory of saying that, but then again, I seem to have lost huge chunks of my memory, at least from long ago. Arly said it might help if I go talk to a counselor, since it wasn't the first time I had nightmares. I kinda laughed because in my day, I had never heard of such, and I kept wondering what on earth I would need to be 'counseled' over. 

I had a long talk with Arly about missing my friends. Baby B, although she whined a lot, was one of my best pals. Ecky, that's what I liked to call Little Miss Echo, hung around with me too, but I kept wanting to duct tape her mouth because she repeated everything she heard and it got on my last nerve. Between the three of us, we were quite a team, and I missed them. One of the last memories I can recall is being thrown in a duffle bag together, and then the lights went out. We were scared, and I wonder what happened to them. I wonder if they ended up like I did. 

Arly said she had just the friend for me but that he looked a little bit different, and was quite shy, so please don't make fun of him. I gave her an indignant look because me of all people sure wouldn't go about making fun of how someone looks would I? I guess it never hurts to get reminded that feelings are important. Her bedroom door slid open and out walked Arly holding an ivory white, ghostly looking, little plump man with what seemed to be a wrinkled brow. He didn't have much color in his face, and I was worried I had scared the color out of him too. She laughed and told me no, Mr. Beauregard hadn't been out in the sun much so he was a tiny bit pale.  

When our eyes met my heart melted. He had the most gentle face, so soft and round, and he looked at me like I was a princess. Cautiously, he spoke and said, "Pleased to meet you Found Baby, I am Mr. Beauregard and you my dear, are beautiful!" Wow, a man after my own heart! As we began talking my eyes kept wandering to the sides of his head because I knew they reminded me of something.....but what? Just as soon as I thought about it I knew, I knew that he looked like Frankenstein, he was an exact replica of Frankenstein!

As he saw my eyes drift up to the sides of his head he blushed a little bit and told me that he was made to look like his Great, Great, Great, Uncle Frank whom must have had some serious skin disease because going out in the sun wasn't kind to him at all. I just smiled, touched his face with tender love, and told him it didn't matter what he looked liked. All that mattered was what was in his heart and I got the feeling that his heart was filled with love, kind of like the real Frankenstein. 


Although I really missed my old friends, I knew Mr. Beauregard would be a great pal. He looked like he needed a friend as much as I did, so we spent the rest of the evening just hanging out and getting to know each other. I never told him I knew the story of why he looked the way he did. Instead, I just told him he was a fine young gentleman and I was honored to call him my friend. With a smile on his face he told me I was his first one, I mean friend that is, and I almost thought my blue cheeks would blush purple. 

As he turned around, and the sun danced off his cheeks, I told him that great big world out there needed more people like us. He asked me, "What do you mean Found Baby, like us?" I grinned and said, "More people who know how to love someone for who they are, not what they look like." He seemed to soak it all in, and we both knew we would be forever friends. 


No comments: